Manage episode 377469034 series 2670705
Heart disease is the number one killer of women but so many women are unaware of this information. You are going to be so empowered after listening to this amazing interview with Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum, leading preventative cardiologist and the Founder of Adesso, a heart prevention and wellness program for women. This interview could save your life or the life of a woman you know. Please share it with every woman in your life.
While on the show notes page, I’d love for you to join our community. You’ll receive more inspiration and tips to live your best midlife!
*This interview is for educational and entertainment purposes only. This is not intended to be medical advice. For anything dealing with your health please contact your trusted healthcare provider.
WHAT WE DISCUSS:
- The statistics about heart disease and how it is the #1 killer of women – more than all cancers combined.
- The American Heart Association’s Essential 8.
- Preventative care as 80% is preventable.
- Blood work you should request.
- Medical gaslighting of women and why it needs to stop.
- The importance of understanding your family’s health and heart history for risk factors.
- Why Dr. Steinbaum launched Adesso (means now in Italian) and how it is going to change the landscape of heart health, and much more.
MORE ABOUT OUR GUEST
Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum is a leader in preventive cardiology, now in private practice in New York. She is founder and CEO of Heart-Tech Health, a med-tech innovation to decrease the risk of women’s cardiovascular disease and bring prevention to every woman regardless of location or circumstance through its signature program, Adesso. Dr. Suzanne launched heart disease prevention programs at Mt. Sinai Heart, Northwell Lenox Hill and Beth Israel. She published Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum’s Heart Book: Every Woman’s Guide to a Heart Healthy Life, and has been a national spokesperson for Go Red through the American Heart Association for 18 years. She serves on the national medical advisory board for Peloton and is a frequent guest on notable shows such as The Today Show, Good Morning America, The Doctors and more.
Thank you for listening to the show. Be sure to share it with a friend! We love when women empower other women.
If you enjoyed this interview, please take a moment to rate and review it on Apple podcasts. Your reviews are so appreciated! Not sure how to do it? Instructions are below. XO, Michele