Manage episode 367542809 series 2902198
TWiM highlights viral defense and counter-defense: cGAS mediated ubiquitination to counter infection, and viral sponges that sequester nucleotide signals to inactivate immunity.
Become a patron of TWiM.Links for this episode
- Ubiquitin-like conjugation by bacterial cGAS (Nature)
- Jumpin’ Jack Flash (TWiV 222)
- Viral sponges inactivate anti-phage immunity (Trends Micro)
- cGAS and CD-NTase enzymes (Curr Opin Struct Biol)
- Take the TWiM Listener survey!
Music used on TWiM is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or recorded audio) to email@example.com