Manage episode 371206867 series 2670705
“Act on opportunity before the tipping point of evidence.” – Matt Higgins This is a fascinating conversation and one that will have you thinking long after the interview is over. On the show is Matt Higgins, the author of Burn The Boats: Toss Plan B Overboard and Unleash Your Full Potential. Matt, is the co-founder and CEO of the private investment firm RSE Ventures, an executive fellow at Harvard Business School, where he co-teaches the course Moving Beyond DTC, and has also been a guest shark on ABC’s Shark Tank. His story is one of overcoming personal hardships as a kid and having his own “burn the boat” moment as a teen which becomes a pivotal decision that changes the trajectory of his life leading to success on his terms. You’ll hear Matt’s story, how he navigated hardship, the importance of listening to your own voice, and what it means to burn the boats to unleash your potential. This was one of my favorite interviews. You will walk away with many actionable tips as well as wisdom you can apply to your business and life.
While on the show notes page, I’d love for you to join our newsletter. You’ll receive more inspiration and tips to love yourself and live your best midlife. You’ll also get a FREE copy of Michele’s Book, Design a Life You Love (available for a limited time).
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why Matt wrote the book now and who he hopes to serve.
- The importance of making yourself indispensable at your job.
- Matt’s early trauma that led him to make a pivotal decision in his life at 16.
- How we don’t get to choose the moment of our opportunities but why we need to take them.
- What Burn the Boats means and why you are less likely to succeed if you have a plan B.
- He walks us through his risk-taking matrix.
- Why he asks himself daily – “What is the highest use of my time, energy, and intention right now?” “What can I do now that I couldn’t do yesterday?”
- How to connect your future dots intentionally, the importance of having a great partner/relationships, what living a good life means to him, and more.
- Join Michele’s Newsletter
- Michele on Instagram
- Michele’s Book
- Matt’s Website: https://www.burntheboatsbook.com/
- Matt’s Book: Burn the Boats on Amazon
- Matt on IG: https://www.instagram.com/mhiggins/?hl=en
- Matt on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-higgins-rse/
- Matt on YouTube
ABOUT THE GUEST
Matt Higgins is the author of Burn The Boats: Toss Plan B Overboard and Unleash Your Full Potential. He is the co-founder and CEO of the private investment firm RSE Ventures, an executive fellow at Harvard Business School, where he co-teaches the course Moving Beyond DTC, and has also been a guest shark on ABC’s Shark Tank.
Thank you for listening to the show!
If you enjoyed this interview, please take a moment to rate and review it on Apple podcasts. Your reviews are so appreciated! Not sure how to do it? Instructions are below. XO, Michele