Manage episode 340486677 series 2609669
Kendra Scott started her self-titled billion-dollar jewelry business out of failure. Her first business failed after 5 years, and she started selling handmade jewelry door-to-door as a side hustle. Now, Kendra Scott Jewelry is a billion-dollar business with 100 retail locations across the US. But success didn't come quickly. Through personal struggles, recessions, and rejections, Scott built a fashion business driven by an unforgettable customer experience.
Listen to Nathan and Kendra discuss:
- What she learned from her failed business
- Fundraising and dealing with rejection
- The best piece of business advice she still follows
- Shifting her business model from wholesale to retail
- The nightclub atmosphere of Kendra Scott stores
- How philanthropy creates customer loyalty
- How to weather the storm as a founder
- Her new entrepreneurial memoir Born to Shine
- And much more founder advice…
Who do you want to see next on the podcast? Comment and let us know! And don't forget to leave us a 5-star review if you loved this episode.
Wait, there's more… If you enjoy the Foundr podcast, check out our free trainings. Get exclusive, actionable advice from some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
Speak with our friendly course experts to get clarity on the next steps for your idea, business or career. You will get tailored insights from results achieved by our proven practitioners as well as thousands of students. Book a call now...
For more Foundr content, follow us on your favorite platform: