Manage episode 331723359 series 2609669
After multiple near-death experiences, Zeb Evans decided to build a business that was net positive on the world. However, he didn’t realize that a custom internal productivity tool would become the business he was searching for. In 2017, Evans cofounded ClickUp, an all-in-one productivity management tool now valued at $4 billion.
Listen to Nathan and Zeb discuss:
- Selling Disney DVDs from his hospital bed
- How a home invasion motivated him to drop out of school
- Starting his first company Fast Followerz from customized social tools
- How an unexpected seizure pushed him to move to Silicon Valley
- Building ClickUp as an internal tool and discovering its value
- The early days of ClickUp and living in a stereotypical startup house
- Why investors were shocked that ClickUp was profitable
- Maintain culture while scaling at a rapid rate
- Why Zeb takes a bath every evening
- And much more tech startup advice…
Who do you want to see next on the podcast? Comment and let us know! And don't forget to leave us a 5-star review if you loved this episode.
Wait, there's more… If you enjoy the Foundr podcast, check out our free trainings. Get exclusive, actionable advice from some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
For more Foundr content, follow us on your favorite platform: