Manage episode 326231812 series 2609669
Scooter Braun is the music-business mind behind the world’s biggest music stars like Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, and Demi Lovato. Now he’s opening up about his entrepreneurial journey and how he’s reclaimed himself.
Scooter's music career started as a party promoter in Atlanta. After dropping out of college, he worked at So So Def Recordings and eventually started SB Projects. He gave himself 12 months to make it, and that year discovered a 13-year-old Canadian artist named Justin Bieber.
Listen to Nathan and Scooter discuss:
- His decision to leave So So Def because of the power of social media
- Why Justin Bieber has made him a better man
- How Asher Roth’s “I Love College” saved his company from going under
- Producing Justin Bieber’s My World EP through friendships and favors
- Why he works with trustworthy people over great people
- Why identifying talent like falling in love
- How to deal with people disappointing you as a leader
- How a week at The Hoffman Process changed his life
- What Jeff Bezos told him he wants to do next
- And much more honest, entrepreneurial advice…
Who do you want to see next on the podcast? Comment and let us know! And don't forget to leave us a 5-star review if you loved this episode.
Wait, there's more… If you enjoy the Foundr podcast, check out our free trainings. Get exclusive, actionable advice from some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
For more Foundr content, follow us on your favorite platform: