Manage episode 347971910 series 1257639
In this episode, Tracey and Becky talk about how to cultivate simple acts of daily kindness, the importance of prioritizing kindness in the home, insights on how to navigate grief and suffering for yourself and others, Becky’s own journey with anxiety and much more!
“Right where you are with exactly what you have, you have the ability to make a difference in this world.”
- [0:00] Introduction to the episode tailor
- [0:23] Welcome back to Rock Your Kindness Podcast, hosted by Tracey Ferrin
- [0:45] Becky gives a brief introduction of herself to listeners
- [0:46] Check out Becky’s Love What Matters story HERE!
- [1:03] (In)courage
- [2:43] Question: What inspired you to write your book: What inspired you to write the book? The Simple Difference, How Every Small Kindness Makes a Big Impact
- [3:34] Check out Becky’s first book: No Better Mom for the Job
- [7:54] “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast my stone across the waters to create many ripples.” -Mother Teresa
- [15:03] Question: Do you have any tips or insights on how to support others during a time of grief or suffering?
- [18:01] “I've learned one of the most powerful things we can say is simply, I'm so sorry for your suffering.”
- [23:07] Kindness starts within the home…
- [24:32] The Simple Difference
- [27:15] Question: Can you talk a little bit more about your journey and your path with anxiety?
- [32:51] Question: With someone who is suffering and dealing with anxiety, how do they show kindness to themselves?
- [32:56] Question: How can we show kindness to someone in our life that is dealing with it?
- [36:54] The power behind how you ask ‘how are you doing?’
- [37:39] Question: Is there anything that you want to mention about kindness or anxiety or anything that you feel like maybe I just didn't tap into in our conversation?
- [39:16] Check out Courageous Kindness HERE!
- [40:47] Listeners can connect with Becky on IG @beckykeife or check out her website https://www.beckykeife.com/
- [41:13] Parting words from Becky’s book The Simple Difference
- [41:37] Thanks for listening to this episode of Rock Your Kindness. If you know someone this story might resonate with, send them a link to this episode. Also tag me Tracey Ferrin on Instagram at @Traceyferrin and let me know what part of this story resonated with you the most. The best way to help support this show is to rate, review and subscribe. :) Until next time.. Rock Your Kindness
- Website: https://www.lovewhatmatters.com/
- Instagram: @lovewhatmatters
- Facebook: @lovewhatmatters
- YouTube: @lovewhatmatters
Rock Your Kindness highlights extraordinary stories of everyday people experiencing life changing kindness. Whether it's a random act, saves a life or helps you be kinder to yourself, these stories will increase empathy, compassion, and hope. You never know how your kindness can change the trajectory of your life or the life of another.
Rock Your Kindness is hosted by Tracey Ferrin. Tracey is a mother, wife, best-selling author and TikTok superstar. She is often called a "breath of fresh air" by those who know and meet her. She is a mom of 4 and has been married to the love of her life for 18 years. Together, they call Texas home.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices