Matrix Moments, by Matrix Partners India, is a podcast series dedicated to the founders, startups and all those within the ecosystem, through candid conversations on what we think it really takes to survive in this wild, wild startup world. In a world where we are endlessly engulfed with information in all its forms and sizes, this is our attempt to create, curate and bring to you the insights and reflections that we have had the luxury of having learned the hard way, through all the years s ...
Manage episode 299739586 series 2077163
Johnny Wolff is the CEO and Founder of HomeRoom Coliving – one of the fastest-growing coliving companies in the United States. After starting his career as a financial analyst in Silicon Valley (EA, SanDisk, Guidespark), he relocated to Austin, Texas to pursue real estate investing full-time. His love for real estate investing and living with roommates motivated him to start HomeRoom in 2017, after an unusually terrible Craigslist roommate experience. In 2020, HomeRoom boasted 99% on-time rent payments, full occupancy, and zero evictions. Sales velocity for HomeRoom is up 300% in 2021 with hundreds of happy residents across 23 cities in 3 states. Powered by investor funds, HomeRoom recently expanded to Dallas and Austin, Texas. Johnny still lives in one of HomeRoom’s first coliving houses in Kansas City and enjoys hanging out and surviving the pandemic with his awesome roommates - especially on chicken wing Thursdays.
We chat about:
We chat about:
- Is now a good time to invest in real estate?
- How do you identify properties that have above-average returns?
- How has shared housing/coliving faired during the pandemic?
- Starting in San Francisco and why he started his company in Kansas?
- How to earn out-sized returns by pairing real estate and innovation
- How to get a startup off the ground with no money and no experience
- The future of living - how Gen Z will amplify the trends that Millenials established
Connect with Johnny Wolff!
- Website: https://livehomeroom.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnnywolff/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JohnnyStryker
- Podcast: https://livehomeroom.com/podcast/coliving-code-coliving-in-the-midwest-of-us-100-occupied
As you can already tell we have made some changes and a few more are on the way. If you are interested in what we have planned, head over to Patreon.com/REImastermind, and support the show today. Financial contributions are always appreciated along with a LIKE, SHARE, and REVIEW. It really helps us grow and reach more people with this valuable information. See you next time and tell a friend!
LIKE • SHARE • JOIN • REVIEW
SUPPORT THE SHOW!
- Self Managing Your Rentals? Get $54 OFF RentRedi’s annual plan by using this link!
- Get Exclusive Content on Patreon! • https://www.patreon.com/reimastermind
- Get $10 and Reduce Your Business Costs by Shopping at AppSumo • https://bit.ly/reiappsumo
- Get $10 Towards Your First Purchase at Drop • https://drop.com/?referer=3DC729
"You can invest 10,000 hours and become an expert or learn from those who have already made that investment." - JD