Manage episode 347410797 series 2492030
Sign up for Intelligence Squared Premium here: https://iq2premium.supercast.com/ for ad-free listening, bonus content, early access and much more. See below for details.
Turkish novelist and Nobel Prize winner Orhan Pamuk sits down with Merve Emre, distinguished Writer-in-Residence at Wesleyan University and literary critic for The New Yorker. Together they discuss his latest novel, Nights of Plague, as well as other feats of historical fiction, including works by Tolstoy and Arthur Conan Doyle, and how they help us, the reader, empathise with great unknowns.
We are incredibly grateful for your support. To become an Intelligence Squared Premium subscriber, follow the link: https://iq2premium.supercast.com/
Here’s a reminder of the benefits you’ll receive as a subscriber:
- Ad-free listening, because we know some of you would prefer to listen without interruption
- One early episode per week
- Two bonus episodes per month
- A 25% discount on IQ2+, our exciting streaming service, where you can watch and take part in events live at home and enjoy watching past events on demand and without ads
- A 15% discount and priority access to live, in-person events in London, so you won’t miss out on tickets
- Our premium monthly newsletter
- Intelligence Squared Merch
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices