Manage episode 347229602 series 1264716
Sign up for Intelligence Squared Premium here: https://iq2premium.supercast.com/ for ad-free listening, bonus content, early access and much more. See below for details.
In the fashion industry there used to be two seasons a year: Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter, but today fast fashion companies produce up to 52 micro-seasons a year. Changing the clothes in their stores every week to keep customers coming back, and purchasing more and more. Today on the podcast we’re asking what’s the real price we’re all paying for the global clothing industry? And we are joined by Maxine Bédat - former lawyer, fashion industry entrepreneur, and author of Unraveled: The Life and Death of a Garment. Our host for today is Rosamund Urwin, media editor of The Sunday Times.
We are incredibly grateful for your support. To become an Intelligence Squared Premium subscriber, follow the link: https://iq2premium.supercast.com/
Here’s a reminder of the benefits you’ll receive as a subscriber:
- Ad-free listening, because we know some of you would prefer to listen without interruption
- One early episode per week
- Two bonus episodes per month
- A 25% discount on IQ2+, our exciting streaming service, where you can watch and take part in events live at home and enjoy watching past events on demand and without ads
- A 15% discount and priority access to live, in-person events in London, so you won’t miss out on tickets
- Our premium monthly newsletter
- Intelligence Squared Merch
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices