Manage episode 377296399 series 2803603
Where do oral medicine specialists fit in the world of oral surgery? Here on the Everyday Oral Surgery Podcast is the oral medicine specialist, Dr. Hayley Vatcher to answer this question! Tuning in, you’ll hear all about Hayley’s career, the process of becoming an oral medicine specialist, the types of patients she gets, what treatment she offers, how she treats TMB, all about autoimmune conditions she sees and how she treats them, and so much more! We even delve into some interesting topics such as the emotional factors involved in oral conditions and how diet plays a role in health conditions. Finally, our guest answers our rapid-fire questions. You don’t want to miss this one so press play now!
Key Points From This Episode:
- A warm introduction to today’s guest, Dr. Hayley Vatcher.
- Hayley tells us about what led her to oral medicine and what her practice setup is like now.
- Where she fits into oral surgery as an oral medicine specialist.
- The types of patients Hayley gets and the treatments she offers.
- The different ways Hayley treats TMB and the main contributing factor that may cause it.
- The emotional factors in oral medicine and why Haley uses animal-assisted therapy.
- Autoimmune conditions she sees (like Sjogren’s syndrome) and how she treats them.
- How much diet plays a role in autoimmune conditions and other medical conditions.
- Hayley talks about the process of becoming an oral medicine specialist.
- Hayley shares the best book she’s read this year.
- Why exercise is so beneficial for Haley’s oral medicine career.
- Hayley shares her favorite movies and TV series and her favorite quote.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Dr. Hayley Vatcher Email Address — firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Hayley Vatcher on LinkedIn — https://www.linkedin.com/in/hvatcher/
Charleston Oral and Facial Surgery — https://www.charlestonoralandfacialsurgery.com/
KLS Martin — https://www.klsmartin.com/
The Plant Paradox — https://www.amazon.com/Plant-Paradox-Dangers-Healthy-Disease/dp/006242713X/
Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology — https://www.amazon.com/Oral-Maxillofacial-Pathology-Brad-Neville/dp/0323789811/ref
Everyday Oral Surgery Website — https://www.everydayoralsurgery.com/
Everyday Oral Surgery on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/everydayoralsurgery/
Everyday Oral Surgery on Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/EverydayOralSurgery/
Dr. Grant Stucki Email — email@example.com
Dr. Grant Stucki Phone — 720-441-6059