Manage episode 261073121 series 2432416
Today I want to talk about anchoring!
Anchoring comes from NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming) and is the greatest tool right before or during performing something!
So weather you have a job interview, attend a casting or have to present something for someone, then this is for you!
When I wanted to make sure that I spell ‘anchoring’ correct I googled it and at the same time a description about anchoring popped up. Here’s what it says: “Anchoring is a useful NLP technique for inducing a certain frame of mind or emotion, such as happiness or relaxation. It usually involves a touch, gesture or word as an "anchor", like a bookmark for a desired emotion, and recall it again later using that same anchor.” I don’t think I can put it anymore correct than that.
Here’s what you can do, for practising how to fx calm down before or during a current event:
1. Practise meditation
2. Add the feeing of being calm to a point on your body through your thoughts
3. I tend to use the pointy finger and my thumb - put together
4. Do this over and over again
5. Now you have made a NLP link from the feeling of being relaxed down into your finger position
6. Before or during an event where you wish to feel more relaxed or calm down yourself then: put those two fingers together and you’ll notice your emotional state to change ASAP.
Good luck! xx J
** DM/EMAIL me if you need help with making your dreams come true.
@xxjasminsoe / www.xxjasminsoe.com