Manage episode 335827857 series 2609669
Harley Finkelstein is an entrepreneur, lawyer, and president of Shopify. Harley was store #137 when he started on Shopify as a merchant in 2009. After law school, he joined the team at Shopify and helped build it into the world’s #1 ecommerce platform. In 2021, the Shopify ecosystem generated $440B in economic value. For Harley, the success of Shopify all comes down to a belief that entrepreneurship is the greatest equalizer on the planet.
Listen to Nathan and Harley discuss:
- Starting his first business at 17
- How he supported his family by selling t-shirts
- Why he went to law school to be a better entrepreneur
- Meeting Tobias Lütke at a coffee shop in Ottawa
- The early days of Shopify and the Build a Business Competition
- Why he started a tea business on Shopify store in 2021
- Why he looks for obsessiveness when angel investing in companies
- The importance of self-awareness as an entrepreneur
- And much more ecommerce wisdom…
Who do you want to see next on the podcast? Comment and let us know! And don't forget to leave us a 5-star review if you loved this episode.
Wait, there's more… If you enjoy the Foundr podcast, check out our free trainings. Get exclusive, actionable advice from some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
Speak with our friendly course experts to get clarity on the next steps for your idea, business or career. You will get tailored insights from results achieved by our proven practitioners as well as thousands of students. Book a call now...
For more Foundr content, follow us on your favorite platform: